Greetings!!

Westley

Reaction score
Hello all! My name is Dylan...I'm from Washington and I'm a second year Asl student in high school. For about three years I have been obsessed with Sign Language...I have pretty much been cramming my brain like crazy trying to learn as much as I can. I have high hopes to become an interpreter and study at Gallaudet :D In class my teacher gives me 3rd year work and even that seems to not be enough! Im going to the community college next year and I will be able to take the three classes of Asl they offer there, so I'm very excited for that! The city here has a fairly large Deaf community with Deaf Chat at Starbucks every 1st friday, unfortunatly it seems like I always have somewhere I must be...well I'm really always busy! :roll: I did however have the oportunity to go to three workshops of Keith Wann! It was on idioms, signing songs, and an insurance topic...they were really informative and a lot of fun! I was very excited to meet Keith too (have we all heard of him?)

I also have hopes of gaining some critique on my signing here? I was thinking I could upload some videos occasionally and get some feedback. I'm trying to find as many resourses as I can! ....and also make friends!:)

Oh! And I am wanting to find a speech of some sort maybe in history or something which I would be able to interpret...I think working
on speeches, poems, childrens books, etc. is alot more helpful then interpreting songs and also benifits the Deaf community by interpreting an informative speech...so if anyone has any suggestions of a speech I could work on that would be great!

Well it has been nice to introduce myself and :ty: thank you for reading! :wave:

Back