Great-grandpa and baby

Grayma

Reaction score
Great-grandpa,+signing+baby.jpg

This is my dad and his youngest great-grandchild, our oldest girl's second baby.

Doesn't it look like the baby is signing? She's only five or six weeks old in this picture. I sign to her a lot when I visit. Her parents only know about ten signs, but they sign to her with those signs pretty regularly.

So is the baby signing, or just coincidence?

She is signing "just a tad bit please" :giggle:

Seriously though, you can really see the love in your dad's eyes/gestures.

She's beautiful!...dunno if she is signing or not...looks like she's saying "a little bit" (?)....is she deaf?

No, she's not deaf. But we sign to babies in our family to give them a jump on communication. What she's doing is the way her brother signs daddy- her brother doesn't have the muscle strength yet to get his arm all the way up. The picture is blurry, but her thumb is on her head.

This picture has a good story behind it. Earlier that day my dad was taken from the nursing home to the hospital, and he was unresponsive. His blood pressure dropped drastically and was unsustainable. We went to the hospital and he never opened his eyes.

My daughter put the baby on the bed with him because she hadn't gotten a picture of the new baby with Great grandpa yet- and my dad still did not open his eyes, but he reached out his hand and started stroking the baby's head.

Later that night he opened his eyes and started getting better. He's back in the nursing home, now.
He hasn't known who I am for a couple of years now, but he does love babies.

Yes! I can see it now...and the baby is only 6-8 weeks old! She's gonna be very, very special!

Back