Good community college for deaf in Seattle, WA?

FireTyler

Reaction score
hello ill be moving up to Washington State (dk where yet) sometime next year. i currently live in Arizona and i go to a community college that has over 50 deaf students, good interpreters and 1on1 tutoring. im looking for the same thing in WA. good interpreters, 1on1 tutoring*, and meet some awesome deafies. can someone help me out and tell me what college i should attend to thats good for deafies?

I was from New Mexico and I went to Seattle Central Community College with ASL interpreters, and notetaking which the hearing students will write them down for you. Yes, there were good interpreters. I don't remember about one on one tutoring. That was a long time ago back in the early 1970. There was a dormitory for Deafies. Great Deaf communities. I don't know of any other college for the Deaf to mainstream with ASL interpreters. You have to check with Vocational Rehabilitation about colleges where Deaf students go. They will help you with tuition, books, and other materials for school, plus allowance. The VR will also pay for the dormitory for you to stay during the College semesters.

Welcome to the All Deaf forum here. Hope you can stay around and discuss and post here. See you around here. :)

Back