Ghosts of History photographs

Don't you think it might be photoshop to make it look like ghosts. Someone know how to do that if it was in 1944. There is no such thing as ghosts. It was all a make believe to get us to swallow that the picture is true. I am very susceptible about those things that people make it up. No, I don't believe it like that. :roll:

Don't you think it might be photoshop to make it look like ghosts. Someone know how to do that if it was in 1944. There is no such thing as ghosts. It was all a make believe to get us to swallow that the picture is true. I am very susceptible about those things that people make it up. No, I don't believe it like that. :roll:

I copy and pasted this from the link.......Europe's war-torn past is never all that far from the present. This becomes eerily clear in "Ghosts of History," a series of haunting photographs that overlay images from France during World War II with present-day pictures of the same locations.

They aren't trying to pass them off as "ghosts", not sure why they did this, other than it's interesting......but that's not it.

I lived next to a house that was a hotel and there was a piano on the first floor . People told me guests would hear the piano being played in the middle of the night and no would be in the room. The piano was not a one that played by
itself .

Don't you think it might be photoshop to make it look like ghosts.
That was the whole point. It was never intended to be anything other than an artistic expression of photography. The artist photographer wanted to show a clever use of old negatives combined with modern photographs. It's interesting to see how that war damaged area has changed.

Someone know how to do that if it was in 1944. There is no such thing as ghosts.
Of course not. These pictures weren't intended to make any assertion about ghosts. That's why I posted this thread in the Pictures & Videos section. It's just a cool use of combining old negatives with modern pictures, showing the past and present together.

It was all a make believe to get us to swallow that the picture is true. I am very susceptible about those things that people make it up. No, I don't believe it like that. :roll:
It was not an attempt to make anyone believe anything. They are just interesting pictures. It has nothing to do with actual ghosts. Ghosts of history mean the memories and consequences of history. These pictures are of real living people from actual historic events; they aren't spirit beings.

I thought it was a cool creative use of photography. I certainly wouldn't make a thread of anything that supported a belief in ghostly beings. I'm totally opposed to that.

I lived next to a house that was a hotel and there was a piano on the first floor . People told me guests would hear the piano being played in the middle of the night and no would be in the room. The piano was not a one that played by
itself .
This thread is NOT about paranormal activities.

:thumb:

it must be a painstakingly task to do this.

I thought artist did great job on that one. It must be pain to get right angle to match two pictures together. I like to see then and now merge together.

I thought artist did great job on that one. It must be pain to get right angle to match two pictures together. I like to see then and now merge together.
I know, it almost seems like you'd need surveyor equipment to get everything lined up just right for the photo shoot. Maybe the photographer took lots of shots for each one in order to get the few that matched exactly.

I'd like to see other historical events done this way.

I was thinking it might be interesting to do the same technique with family photos, merging different generations.

Back