Fuzzy Midnight Garden...

Audiofuzzy

Reaction score
Midnight because often due to my migraines I gardened late into the night, lol

here's some pictures of my plants when my garden was in it's glory.
Now, sadly, because I developed bad back pain, and can't work out there anymore
it sadly went all to weed :(
oh well :)

tiger lily - Lilium tigrinum

MamasRoom119.jpg

Ethiopian Lily (zantedeschia)

SchoolPic180.jpg

Campanula Cup and Saucer or Canterbury bells
momfish308.jpg

My pride and glory, a pink Tree Peony
momfish158.jpg

a whole bush
momfish132.jpg

which suffered a serious setback, sadly, due to a last harsh winter and spring, and had a lot less flowers this time around.

Hopefully it will come back next season if this year winter/ spring won't be
as severe

Hope you enjoyed the show!

Fuzzy

Very nice. I have a pink peony also, but I think it is all done flowering for the year.

I had once yellow and purplish in a pot, but never again as these are too tender for my climate (British Columbia) :]

I am glad you like these two :wave:

Fuzzy

I wish I could garden... I kill plants... Very pretty pictures! My grandma is obsessed with flowers, she has gone to photographing and determining which species every flower she sees is...

I really like the Canterbury bells flowers , they're beautiful . Do humming birds like them? Great photos. I hope your back get better. My daughter was getting really horrible headache as a child and I did not want to have her taking drugs so young. She had acupuncture treatments and it helped get rid of her headache. The sun light hurt her eyes too when she had her headaches. She was only around 10 years old and did not need a lot of acupuncture treatments. She never got horrible headaches again.

I wish I could garden... I kill plants... Very pretty pictures! My grandma is obsessed with flowers, she has gone to photographing and determining which species every flower she sees is...

believe or not, I was like that in the beginning - a plant killer..
I swear plants visibly tried to MOVE upon seeing me approach! lolol

It just take practice, knowledge and patience to grow plants.
Rule number one- give up on plants that doesn't thrive in your environment.
I know that means giving up on many species you'd love to have, but it also means having less poor, dying specimens :giggle:

Rule number two - nice garden takes YEARS to grow. A lot of eager novice gardeners can't wait to have lush garden in a first year or two - it just doesn't happen, The price is over crowding, and ... yes, you guessed it- dying off due to disease spreading.
Try to overlook bare patches, once the plant will take root strong, it will spread like wildfire and in no time you'll have to weed it out!

Rule number three, perhaps most overlooked in beginner gardening - know your soil pH and the plant's specific soil reqirements -it's very important.
Some plants love acidic soil, some alkaline.
http://www.alldeaf.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=1887232

I strongly suspect you may have been unsuccesful with your plants simply because you may have planted wrong plant in the wrong type of soil.

For example, lavender. The most popular variety, L. stoechas,
comes from a sandy soil. Sandy soil is alkaline, which means it has high pH.
Is it a wonder, then, how growing Lavender in rich, mulchy, acidic soil
may not be the best idea ? :]
may cause a root rot, for instance ...

Not even growing sun loving plants in a shade will do as much harm as growing them in a wrong type of soil will do. at worst, they will not bloom.

If you take these three easy rules under consideration, Ash345, I am positive
at one point you'll start having successes!

As for your Grandma - lol, I used to do that, too!
what helped me a lot with searching, I collected labels from garden shops every time I bought a plant, and took them from my friends also.
This way I better memorized which plants was where to find, and thus the name to find.

re: Canterbury Bells - I don't remember if hummies like them, sorry,
but I agree, aren't they just terrific? They have so delicate petals and when in full bloom they are really a sight to behold.
Once I had them in a pots on my patio and due to the rain the stems went horizontal, but to my surprise it looked even better! kinda artistic!

Thank you again very much for your kind words, guys :ty:

Miz Botts, how is your garden going? what's in bloom at the mo' ?

Fuzzy

beautiful. I didn't pay attention enough to my garden this year. :lol: Im still learning.. lol

Back