Free Pancakes! (J/K - I'm new)

ghardy14

Reaction score
Just Kidding, Sorry! Many of the "I'm New" thread names were very similar, so I decided to be out of the box :) I am so glad to find this site and meet you all!
I am hearing who has always been interested in deaf culture and ASL. I just recently, 3 months ago, put aside my nervousness and mustered the courage to begin taking ASL classes. I have found an amazing community of friends that are both hearing and deaf that have accepted me and are helping me to learn.
I am moving to south Florida, Port Charlotte to be exact, for a job and I am so sad to be leaving behind my new friends and ASL classes... I don't even know how to go about finding opportunities to continue learning ASL and meeting people of the deaf community in Port Charlotte. If anybody has any advice, please let me know.

I hope you have an amazing day!
Gretchen

Hello.i glad you not nervous.i unable to help you but plenty can I sure they will when read your posts

Your Free Pancakes sure got my attention. Good call!
I am also hearing and am also interested in Deaf culture as well as ASL. I just took an ASL 1 class last semester and am starting ASL 2 next semester. In my introduction (first post) I explain my younger brother is Deaf. So, I am really happy to be able to use the little ASL I know with him. I hope wherever you go you can find a community of friends who are interested in learning ASL and who are Deaf, because I think that is the best way to keep learning more and more ASL!

I was about to be your new best friend but now that you deceived me with this free pancakes lie forget about it.

Back