Eric for Space!

Eric Shear

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Eric. I'm a deaf student at York University in Toronto, Canada.

I'd like you to check this out and vote for me!

Race for Space

Let me explain. This is a contest sponsored by the Toronto Metro newspaper, in partnership with the Dutch company Space Experience Curacao. The person with the highest number of votes will become the finalist for his country and will then compete against other finalists from other countries. Only one person will be chosen. The winner will get a reservation to be launched on a suborbital trajectory in a Lynx rocketplane. The Lynx is now being tested at XCOR Aerospace, and should be ready by 2014.

So far, I have 2139 votes. This puts me in 1st place out of 300. The runner-up is less than 100 votes behind me and is not giving up the chase. I can beat this before the deadline (March 25) if as many
of you as possible vote for me.

Think of the PR value, having the first deaf astronaut!

The best strategy would be to share the above link on your Facebook and Twitter accounts, where everyone can see it and vote directly. It is possible to vote more than once, if you wait 24 hours between votes. You can also vote multiple times a day, if you have a smartphone or access to multiple computers.

If you have any questions or comments, let me know. Thanks in advance!

Back