Elizabeth Smart Goes to Washington

I thought there was one already?

Well, if not, then it's about fucking time!

Ya know what I think?

All sex offenders should also have GPS implanted in them so that the government would know if they went near a school or a park or the like, and their ass would get thrown right back in prison so fast that their heads will spin!

Yeah, I know, I'm dreaming....

It's about time! But I thinl all sex offenders shoudl be registered for the rest of their life time forever.. not just 10 years!!!!

YES i saw it at noon news today about her support the bill

about time sheesh sighs

pek1 said:
:whistle: Who cares? There's already a registry.

No, there's not. There are STATE registries, but we've never had a national registry. That is, a SINGLE registry where we can cosolidate all 50 states into one.

We should have done this in the first place; instead of having fifty registries with all different requirements and loopholes for these degenerates to find and exploit.

LuciaDisturbed said:
I thought there was one already?

Well, if not, then it's about fucking time!

Ya know what I think?

All sex offenders should also have GPS implanted in them so that the government would know if they went near a school or a park or the like, and their ass would get thrown right back in prison so fast that their heads will spin!

Yeah, I know, I'm dreaming....

Up until now, each state had their own registry. What this bill will do is consolidate all 50 states into one registry. Hopefully, by doing that, there will be less of a chance for these degenerates to find a loophole to jump through, and will prevent a child from being killed.

As to your second point, you're actually NOT dreaming, afterall. :lol:

Florida introduced a bill requiring sex offenders be fitted with a GPS tracking device upon their release from prison.

This was because a 9 yr old girl was raped and murdered a year ago by a REGISTERED sex offender. He was registered in another state, but then came to FL, where they lost track of him. He was then able to kidnap, rape, and bury alive this nine year old. It was a sick and sad story. It happened near Tampa.

Oceanbreeze said:
Up until now, each state had their own registry. What this bill will do is consolidate all 50 states into one registry. Hopefully, by doing that, there will be less of a chance for these degenerates to find a loophole to jump through, and will prevent a child from being killed.

As to your second point, you're actually NOT dreaming, afterall. :lol:

Florida introduced a bill requiring sex offenders be fitted with a GPS tracking device upon their release from prison.

This was because a 9 yr old girl was raped and murdered a year ago by a REGISTERED sex offender. He was registered in another state, but then came to FL, where they lost track of him. He was then able to kidnap, rape, and bury alive this nine year old. It was a sick and sad story. It happened near Tampa.

Thanks for clarifying.

Oceanbreeze said:
No, there's not. There are STATE registries, but we've never had a national registry. That is, a SINGLE registry where we can cosolidate all 50 states into one.

We should have done this in the first place; instead of having fifty registries with all different requirements and loopholes for these degenerates to find and exploit.

Why should the national government control something that states are supposed to do? You must want a police state, huh?

Back