Eclipse composite

Chase

Premium Member
Reaction score
These images of the recent Lunar eclipse were made by Chad Trettin, a professional photographer in Bozeman, Montana:

"This is . . . total lunar eclipse as seen from 8 miles west of Bozeman. It was 3.5 hours from start to finish. . . . For those of you on the other side of the planet or who missed it, there will be another one in about 3 years." Chad.

elcipse08ls0.png

Wow thats awesome!!!!!! beautiful!!! heheheh but look like the picture is doctored or photoshopped. look at the stars? if it was taken minutes to minutes.. would stars move or go in line??? star dont stay in one spot? obiviously its doctored. but so beautiful still anyway.. :D

Last edited:
i meant to say at time exposures? my mind is not working right today.. so forgive me. haha! :P

I think it's awesome! .... out of this world! :)

I m curious what kind of camera did he have? 3.5 hours is real long exposure time when Earth moved in curve short I bet Montana is perfect place to photograph the moon. More background mountain and more color look what I think that photographer is very brilliant.

Chad did say it was a composite, which means putting together several photos.

I'm pretty sure it's digitally photoshopped. It can't be one exposure, or the moon and stars would be streaks. Looks like he arranged 15 different shots of the moon superimposed on one exposure of the Bridger Mountains east of Bozeman.

Earlier I thought that was possibly composite in methods. It is alot of work. That picture is so beautiful. I could do it my own where place I like to choose.

Thanks for the cool picture. :) I'm sending the link to my grandson.

Back