EASY ONE-POT CHILI

1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
1 large onion, chopped
1 can tomato juice (NOT V-8)
1 large can diced tomatoes
3 cans dark red kidney beans
chili powder
salt and pepper

Brown ground beef with salt and pepper and chopped onion; drain. Add tomato juice, tomatoes (go ahead and throw in the juice from these cans, too) and beans, with liquid. bring to simmer, then add chili powder until it turns a rich, reddish-brown color. Allow to simmer for a while longer, then taste. If it doesn't have enough kick for you, add more chili powder, or use what I use; A few splashes of habenero sauce. If all you can taste is the tomatoes, add a little more salt, or a few pinches of table sugar.

yummy!

Sounds like you are a good cook will you marry me so you can cook for me every night lol

I made similar to that but things here is what I usually make:

Cook those first:
  • Few cloves of garlic (you dont to use few you can even add as much as you want. I use LOT of garlic cloves lol oh phew stinky garlic breath at least stay away from vampires *joking* )
  • Chopped onion
  • Ground beef
Then pour the beef (above) into big pot or use same pan if it big enough and add those items below:
  • Can of tomatoes (any kind of tomatoes you like such as stewed, crush, or diced however I preferably diced)
  • Ranch style beans (you can use any beans you like I prefer this one because it already had chili flavor in it that is to me)
  • Cumin seasoning (this is really great to make it chili thicking up)
  • Salt and Pepper to taste...

Cook it on about near low to low medium for about let say 30 minutes or until the chili sauce is thick enough then eat it with crackers or whatever you want use chili on (good on rice) I would like to try my recipe with frito pie one day lol

psst TOF is former cooking chef and you wonder why she has lot recipes :whistle:

Soonersseth said:
Sounds like you are a good cook will you marry me so you can cook for me every night lol

LOL!!

That sounds good TongueOnFire and Shiva, I will make that one day, thanks for sharing it!

Soonersseth said:
hahahah!!! :lol: u can have her unless she say yea or no :laugh2:

aww aww @ sooners.. I would say NO! lol.. hehe!!

lol @ shiva for big mouth abt me bein formerly chef.. hehe!! yeah i saved all my recipes in my files what i used to make from restaurent.. haha!!

Back