Drive Through

lanapoo

Reaction score
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjW1eWopbZU[/ame]

This is wonderful! It's nice to let the person know ahead of time that you're deaf so they have a notepad ready for you! It should become more widespread.

Only costs $700...not too expensive.

Anyways, I like those touch menus that WaWa and Royal Farms have in which customers use the touch screen to make their orders. That would probably work the best for drive-throughs.

I've never seen one. In fact, I don't think I even have those restaurants here on Long Island. We just have the typical fast food from what I've seen, but I just moved here last summer so I'm still learning the area.

That is cool. You are right, I haven't seen anything like this yet.

I only saw one McD's drive thru that had a pushbutton menu board and a display to show you what you ordered, and it only worked for about a week. They gave up eventually.

Only costs $700...not too expensive.

Anyways, I like those touch menus that WaWa and Royal Farms have in which customers use the touch screen to make their orders. That would probably work the best for drive-throughs.

Sadly.. I can make taht for $30 ....

It should be mandatory as part of equal access to services under ADA.

I know at Sonic if you can't hear the speaker you have to wave down a carhop which is a struggle and embarrassing for the customer. They should have a separate button that you push that dings for carhop assistance at that parking space for ordering.

Kudos to Culver's for making things more accessible.

It should be mandatory as part of equal access to services under ADA.

I know at Sonic if you can't hear the speaker you have to wave down a carhop which is a struggle and embarrassing for the customer. They should have a separate button that you push that dings for carhop assistance at that parking space for ordering.

Kudos to Culver's for making things more accessible.

I love going to Sonic! When a poor sap of a carhop comes by, I HONK! I love the way they jump ten feet! Then I'd do the "point at my ear" gesture to let them know I'm deaf. They never look too happy...

Why don't they just make a simple touch screen ordering system so that everybody can use it?

Why don't they just make a simple touch screen ordering system so that everybody can use it?

always broken. costly maintenance. difficult to use. :dunno:

the simplest idea is always the best solution - a paper and pen. circle what you want on the menu and then give it to them.

most McDonald and fast food places have intercom + 2 windows (first window is where you pay and second window is where you pick up food) but in most case - they never used the first window. they should simply remove intercom and reinstate the old fashioned way... face-to-face. Instead of intercom system... they should just utilize those two windows they have.

167674453_037028b1be.jpg

pony-at-mcdonald-s-d_460x0w.jpg

I can understand that it would be costly, but I also think it could also ultimately save money and increase service. A lot of shops/supermarkets have self-service nowadays, so it would be good if they can also implement the system to work for fast-food service. :)

Or, how about this... Wouldn't it be awesome if you could place an order using your phone whilst your are in your car waiting in a queue? Eg. A McDonalds Iphone ordering app? Cheap and easy to maintain, and no need to worry about vandalism, etc...

the simplest idea is always the best solution - a paper and pen. circle what you want on the menu and then give it to them.

Pen and paper works ok, but it is also primitive. :)

most McDonald and fast food places have intercom + 2 windows (first window is where you pay and second window is where you pick up food) but in most case - they never used the first window. they should simply remove intercom and reinstate the old fashioned way... face-to-face. Instead of intercom system... they should just utilize those two windows they have.

I don't think I have seen a drive thru with two windows. But, like you said, if they are not using both windows, then they should be using it; I can't see why it wouldn't work... But, then again, I have never worked in a fast food place, so what do I know? :)

Face-to-Face service is more reliable, but it is disappearing.

Look at Japan... They promoting Ipad alternative to replace a menu. Gotta love Japan. :)

YouTube - Restaurant self-ordering system using iPad - Izakaya Expo : DigInfo!

PS: I love the horse picture at McDonalds. :)

there is only one Culver's in northeast of Dallas. Ugh, that's too far to go there. Yet, their food is not that bad.

I agree. We need to bring customer service back. Face to face ordering is an excellent idea...plus it helps to make sure the communication is more clear.

Back