Retired
Premium Member
Reaction score
Last picture....

Attachments

• IMG_1256.jpg
    IMG_1256.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 19
The water is only 2 to 3 feet deep...see the man standing? I'm sure those dogs' hind legs walk in the bottom of the water....

The poor dogs are old and very over weight. I think it insane to let them in the water as they could end up drowning .

fat floats... I dont think it would have been a problem of drowning if they were VERY overweight. :giggle: They were just overweight, they're not very overweight in the obese range.

On a serious note: swimming is good therapy for older dogs and dogs that needs rehab.

Cool photos, liked seeing this thread!

The water is only 2 to 3 feet deep...see the man standing? I'm sure those dogs' hind legs walk in the bottom of the water....

Yeah I see a man standing on the stairs! And that does not show how deep the water really is! There could be a lot more stairs underwater that you can't see in the photo. I just saw on TV an older dog that almost drowned as she could not made it out of the water on it own. I was talking about letting the dogs going in the water on their own. They can't get up the stairs alone , the dogs need help . They could drown if they had no one around to help them get out of the water.

Yeah I see a man standing on the stairs! And that does not show how deep the water really is! There could be a lot more stairs underwater that you can't see in the photo. I just saw on TV an older dog that almost drowned as she could not made it out of the water on it own. I was talking about letting the dogs going in the water on their own. They can't get up the stairs alone , the dogs need help . They could drown if they had no one around to help them get out of the water.

He's not standing on the stair, he's actually standing on the bottom of the water. The stair doesn't go all the way to the bottom of the water. Few years ago, when the water hit the lowest tide, we can see clearly the stair ended. If the stair continue to the bottom of the water, those dogs will have NO problem going up the stair, but there's a gap between where the stair ended and the bottom of the surface. It's about 1.5 to 2 feet gap between the surface and the end of the stair.
What I have here at my beach house, it's a metal grated ramp that I made and it go all the way to the bottom of the water so that both of our dogs can go in or out of the water (One of our Australian Sheppard mixed love chasing ducks or geese)

Back