deaf video/penpal

mollyanne

Reaction score
Wirelessly posted

Hi :) I'm hearing but have a deep Passion for Asl. I'm going to school right now to work with small/young deaf children. To me learning a language requires surging yourself in the culture and learning from its community members. I'd love to find someone to video chat with me who is deaf so I can get better. I have a problem with shutting off the Asl in my brain when I'm not in class and I think this will help me. I'm looking to develop a long life friendship :D

Last edited:
:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. You can learn about our Deaf and Hard of Hearing perspectives here on AD forum. There is lots of topic to pick from that you might be interest when discussing or debating with us. You will learn how to do the right thing and the wrong thing when meeting with deaf and hard of hearing people. If you know how to sign very well, then you can go to the Deaf events where you can associate with them by signing like as if you are talking without using your voice except you can mouth the words. We like to communicate this way than oral way. Many hearing people don't understand that we can not hear but they think that we can hear with our hearing aids or CIs. We can hear just only environmental sounds, not to pick up words. Our hearing is different than your normal hearing. Lipreading is not accurate and we misunderstand what hearing and even oral deaf or hard of hearing said. So that is why ASL is important to us as a communication method as we can understand more clearly than lipreading.

I hope you enjoy reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

Hello. I'm severely HOH and know very little SL.
Is anyone close to Savannah GA and willing to teach me?
I'm friendly, handsome and a very fast learner.
Please contact me personally.

Back