Deaf-impaired hearing in SC :)

irkenequine

Reaction score
I joke about the title :) Always hated the phrase 'hearing impaired' and when people say that, I always joke I am deaf-impaired. Hi all.

I am a hearing young adult in SC who just recently got out of a Deaf relationship; I have been signing for a few years now. I work as an ICU nurse in veterinary medicine but previously was a teachers aide at a Deaf elementary school. I prefer deaf culture and because of my job hours (working nights) I do not get to spend as much time out with Deaf friends as I would like...this will have to help me :) Hoping to find some friends to skype/oovoo and chat with.

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. You mean that you were joking with hearing people or deaf people that you are deaf-impaired when you actually can hear like being hearing person. You don't have deafness. Oh, that take the cake. You should not fool them like that. I would not like to be a fool if I learn that you are hearing, not deaf. :ugh:

Well, you gotta stop joking like that. Time for you to discuss or debate with us. Just enjoy reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

Back