Dang too hot

sr171soars said:
LOL, I just asked you what was your definition of hot? Anybody can say it is hot but with no temperature for comparison...what one person's hot is another person's nice. I just know that Germany isn't known as the land of the heat like say Spain or even France at times especially down on the Med. A better question would be how hot is it over there now? That is all I'm asking...
Don't you know that Germany is not too far away from France and Spain? I am sure you do.

ButterflyGirl said:
Don't you know that Germany is not too far away from France and Spain? I am sure you do.

Oh yeah, I do. As I can see, that Leibling refuses to indicate how hot it is...I will have to resort to the weather data on the 'net. All I wanted to know how hot it was there she was so I could gauge her definition of hot.

The reason I said that is that many moons ago, I was visiting the city of Seattle Washington (at the time I lived in Wash DC which is known for hot summers and I'm further south now in NC). While there, the locals were complaining how hot it was. I looked around and couldn't figure out what they were talking about. It was low 80's and low humidity...a gorgeous day IMO) In Wash DC, it is typically high 80's and low 90's with high humidity (worst in NC). I simply mentioned to them "naw try DC weather...you have nothing to complain about". So, you can see it is all relative to what climate you are used to...for us more southern types...hot means HOT!

Back to geography, Germany may be relatively close to northern France and in fact borders it along Alsace region. But France has the Atlantic to the West and the Med to the South and that impacts its climate. As for Spain, as the bird flies that is true but there is a world of difference in the climate generally and it being one of the most southern points of Europe. Germany, on the other hand is bounded by land to both the East and West with the North Sea and Baltic Sea which is far cooler body of water along with the Alps to the South. Different climate by far...

sr171soars said:
Oh yeah, I do. As I can see, that Leibling refuses to indicate how hot it is...I will have to resort to the weather data on the 'net. All I wanted to know how hot it was there she was so I could gauge her definition of hot.

Who says that I refuse to answer your question? I has no problem to answer anyone only if I get question from anyone in friendly way.

Butterflygirl gave you correct answer.

The reason I said that is that many moons ago, I was visiting the city of Seattle Washington (at the time I lived in Wash DC which is known for hot summers and I'm further south now in NC). While there, the locals were complaining how hot it was. I looked around and couldn't figure out what they were talking about. It was low 80's and low humidity...a gorgeous day IMO) In Wash DC, it is typically high 80's and low 90's with high humidity (worst in NC). I simply mentioned to them "naw try DC weather...you have nothing to complain about". So, you can see it is all relative to what climate you are used to...for us more southern types...hot means HOT!

I know what you mean.

I was in England for 9 days last week. I look at my family who complaint about hot but we doesn´t feel the same as them but cool/warm. :dunno: I noticed the difference climate between England and Germany. We have between 80 and 100 degrees during summer where I live.

I check tempature at work 3 hours ago was 84 degrees and now evening (German time: 5.55 pm) - 79 degree.

I have a South African friend who married British man long time ago, told us that she don´t feel too hot when the weather degree was 80 to 95 degree at that time. Logically, she was grow up at hot climate than Europe. We feel hot but she doesn´t.

Back to geography, Germany may be relatively close to northern France and in fact borders it along Alsace region. But France has the Atlantic to the West and the Med to the South and that impacts its climate. As for Spain, as the bird flies that is true but there is a world of difference in the climate generally and it being one of the most southern points of Europe. Germany, on the other hand is bounded by land to both the East and West with the North Sea and Baltic Sea which is far cooler body of water along with the Alps to the South. Different climate by far...

There was heat waves in Europe. Thousand of French were being killed through heat waves because they can´t afford to use Air conditoner to keep their room cool due electricity expenses. German advised them to use roller-shutter to help their rooms cool... 90% of Germans included us own roller-shutters for every window and terrace doors... During heat waves, we stayed in house to keep cool ourselves.. (I never forget, it was 108 degree at that time in 2003 - thanks to roller-shutters.

Never open the window during hot summer...

I open the window during morning to fresh air until 9.00 am then shut the window and use roller-shutters before the heat sun comes.

Wood shutters and roll shutters

If you’re looking for timeless window fashions, indoor shutters may be your answer. The most durable window accessory, indoor shutters make a major design impact and will last for years. The only maintenance is simple dusting. Shutters also offer plenty of light control and privacy in a room. Roll shutters outside your windows offer an instant safety shield to exterior windows and can be easily rolled up and out of sight with the push of a button. Roll shutters can help protect your home against burglary, vandalism and storms, and provide a two-way thermal barrier, reducing heat gain in the summer and blocking cold air in the winter. Roll shutters also can help protect carpeting, furniture and artwork from sun damage. And the foam-filled aluminum shutters both reflect and absorb sound waves, giving you a quieter home.

http://www.azcentral.com/advert/howtoguide06/windowcoverings.html

For your information, we don´t have Alps in area, where we live.

There´re friendly sunshine with cool weather at mornings - I would say around 70 to 75 degree, then increase degree between 80 and 100 later after morning... then reduce back to 75 to 80 at most evenings and stay sunshine until around 9.00 pm and then stay light until 9.45 pm.

Yes, you are right that each country has different climate.

I hope my answer satisfy your question. :)

Liebling:-))) said:
There´re friendly sunshine with cool weather at mornings - I would say around 70 to 75 degree, then increase degree between 80 and 100 later after morning... then reduce back to 75 to 80 at most evenings and stay sunshine until around 9.00 pm and then stay light until 9.45 pm.

Yes, you are right that each country has different climate.

I hope my answer satisfy your question. :)

Oh it does and thanks. Had no idea you could get the 100's. I envy your rapid drop in temperature in the evening. Almost never does that in NC. It can be 10 at night and you are sitting outside and dripping with the temps still in high 80's. Our true summers last anywhere from 3 1/2 months to 5 months depending on the year (those from cooler climates think we have six months of summer ;) ). Of course, we love our AC's in the house... :D Do I assume you guys use ACs too?

I remember that terrible summer in France. I guess those temps they got were unexpected to last for so long. Climates are a funny thing...the average you expect and deal with but the unexpected throws everybody off...

Here is too hot..Near to 100 degree plus heat index from 93 - 98 degrees. I work outside almost everyday and I already look like a lobster.

We had heatwave all last week in Ireland. Now, the weather seem dull today and has calm down. Miss the good weather!! :)

It's gonna be 102 tomorrow. :D

I think I'll go skinny dipping in the pool.......my landlady said we are allowed to skinny dip.

Back