can you be fired for cheating ?? lying??

dereksbicycles

Reaction score
I bet you've read about football coach who was in motorcycle accident with an intern(behind his wife's back) and then lied about it.

Let's think....what if a person worked in daycare? Will they be fired? Yes, because they work with kids every day. Parents wouldn't want to leave their kids with someone that cheated and lied.

What about auto mechanic or janitor? Would they be fired ??? Good question. Many mechanics at dealership doesn't interact with customers. Service writers do. Same with janitors. They usually don't interact with customers. Probably won't be fired.

Kind of sad that some would be fired and some will keep their job. Obviously not advocating infidelity, you know.

I dont care what a person does in their personal life, as long as they are professional when they deal with me thats all i care about.

If someone is dishonest in one area of life, how can you trust him in another? How would the boss know that the employee isn't also cheating on the business records, or dipping into the till, or taking bribes, or overcharging, or falsifying maintenance work, etc.?

If someone is dishonest in one area of life, how can you trust him in another? How would the boss know that the employee isn't also cheating on the business records, or dipping into the till, or taking bribes, or overcharging, or falsifying maintenance work, etc.?

Good question. Let's say the boss found that his janitor in his building was cheating on his wife and riding motorcycle with a young woman. Hey, I saw that you were cheating on your wife and riding motorcycle with another woman. You're fired immediately!! Legally, I don't think that works in business world like that.

If you're on big toward public, it's best to remove someone before more silly questions bring up for the company or sport. It's too risk.

Good question. Let's say the boss found that his janitor in his building was cheating on his wife and riding motorcycle with a young woman. Hey, I saw that you were cheating on your wife and riding motorcycle with another woman. You're fired immediately!! Legally, I don't think that works in business world like that.
Probably depends on the employment agreement. There are different rules for each place of employment.

Probably depends on the employment agreement. There are different rules for each place of employment.

Yeah....remembering my place of employment. We were not allowed to disclose any "sales" before they were published (newspaper)....and what we did in our private life, (arrests, felonies, domestic, etc., etc.) would be cause of being fired if they were known/convicted. Also, office "affairs" were not allowed....there were so many rules.....They were broken many times, especially "office affairs." And we were tested randomly for drug usage.

Yes, you can be fired from your job if you cheat or lie to the point where it affects your employer.

Most employers make you sign a contract that allows them to fire you if you have been arrested for specific crimes.

Here in the state of DE, employers have the right to fire you for any reason.

you cannot get fired for that since it has nothing to do with business.

you can get fired for lying on report or to your boss.
you can get fired for cheating on your test (piss, certification, etc).
you can get fired for work fraternization if it's against corporate policy.

and what green427 said.

So, what should we do with, "those people"? Obviously, by this reasoning, they are not capable of holding down a job so were should we put them? What should we with them? If they can't work, they are probably going to steal or go on welfare. And, they won't be stealing from their former bosses.

If society does not work to rehabilitate people, there can be no real society because justice is supposed to be fair instead of an end in and of itself.
Punishment must fit crimes instead of ideological ideas. IMO.

Employment is usually an, "at will" contract where either side, for any reason, can terminate employment. Although, as Reba pointed out, the contract may also have good character clause as in the case of many professional athletes. Basically, you can be fired as long as there is a good reason. And, if your character traits are not inline with the company's that can be a good reason.

Coach Bobby Petrino had a history of unacceptable conduct at other schools before being employeed at Ark. And the school wrote into his contract a moral cause that he had to follow. Once the facts became known, Ark. had just cause to fire him. His situation would be very different from the ordinary everyday employee.

So, what should we do with, "those people"? Obviously, by this reasoning, they are not capable of holding down a job so were should we put them? What should we with them? If they can't work, they are probably going to steal or go on welfare. And, they won't be stealing from their former bosses.

If society does not work to rehabilitate people, there can be no real society because justice is supposed to be fair instead of an end in and of itself.
Punishment must fit crimes instead of ideological ideas. IMO.

we have been doing this for a long time. your reputation and background must be impeccable depending on your employment - piss test, criminal check, etc.

wouldn't you have a problem with working for your boss if he's a cheater (womanizer)? legally - it's not a fireable offense per se but it can jeopardize his ability to effectively lead the company. and when a person is like that at work, there's always a possibility of sexual harassment (like Herman Cain) or office fraternization.

It depends on boss's traits.

But cheating is more risky for getting fired.

Lying? everyone did lie... lol but it depends how much worse lying is. Like if it was dangerous lying. Then obviously, get fired.

That's my opinion. That's all.

That is why I thought the Bill Clinton-Monica Lewinsky debacle was bad. Clinton was the president and if the president lacks good judgment in one area of his life, who is th say that he might not lack good judgment in his decisions that could affect many people in profound ways.

if suppose play games on conviced relevent to lie, resist to on lie, sin lying on back mind your cool not accept serious Dishonest, because that is point,remove on person,exactly on deprived mind, cheating or lying or fooling to play games

I dont care what a person does in their personal life, as long as they are professional when they deal with me thats all i care about.

WOW Really! When I was a health aide there where women that became health aide so they could steal drugs and money from their client! I had a client report me for stealing $500 from her when she was sleeping. I was lucky my boss believed me when I told her I did not take the money. I did not even know my client hid her pocketbook behind the couch . Some other health aide knew about the money. After this happen all health aides had to have their background check to see if they had any records of stealing and drugs abused.
Would you hire a child sex defender to take care of your kids??

WOW Really! When I was a health aide there where women that became health aide so they could steal drugs and money from their client! I had a client report me for stealing $500 from her when she was sleeping. I was lucky my boss believed me when I told her I did not take the money. I did not even know my client hid her pocketbook behind the couch . Some other health aide knew about the money. After this happen all health aides had to have their background check to see if they had any records of stealing and drugs abused.
Would you hire a child sex defender to take care of your kids??

If they are stealing at work they get sacked, Im talking about 2 workers having a affair after work hours, its not my business so i wont sack them.

In the military you can lose your job for having an affair. It's usually up to the spouse to choose to pursue it or not, but not always.
One of my husband's bosses was demoted and docked pay for having an affair.

Back