Blue Angels

Reba

Retired Terp
Premium Member
Reaction score
TCS and I saw the Navy's Blue Angels perform last month from the flight deck of the carrier Lexington in Charleston. It was a great show. My pictures are lame because I just used my Blackberry. The planes are too fast for me to photograph. I'm better at still life pictures. :lol:

The single plane is Fat Albert, that carries the Blue Angels support crew and equipment.

The group picture is the Blue Angels performing a formation maneuver.

The two guys chatting outside the ship are TCS (left) and another retired sailor that he just met. Old salts love to share sea stories. :lol:

Attachments

• FatAlbert1.jpg
    FatAlbert1.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 9
  • FatAlbert2.jpg
    FatAlbert2.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 9
  • BlueAngels.jpg
    BlueAngels.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 10
  • OldSalts.jpg
    OldSalts.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 10
I've gotta see Blue Angels once in my lifetime!

I remember seeing them a long time ago when I was small here in California. It's been awhile. Looks like Fat Albert was a sight to see. Did you get plenty of touring that day?

I have seen them perform at the McDill Air Show, in Tampa.. I get goosebumps every time I see them perform. ( seen them perform three times) It is awesome how they can maneuver, surly a thrill, and heart stopping performance. The noise and vibration alone is just as exciting..

TCS and I saw the Navy's Blue Angels perform last month from the flight deck of the carrier Lexington in Charleston. It was a great show. My pictures are lame because I just used my Blackberry. The planes are too fast for me to photograph. I'm better at still life pictures. :lol:

The single plane is Fat Albert, that carries the Blue Angels support crew and equipment.

The group picture is the Blue Angels performing a formation maneuver.

The two guys chatting outside the ship are TCS (left) and another retired sailor that he just met. Old salts love to share sea stories. :lol:

Your pics are great! I live in Goose Creek and while I didn't see this airshow,I've heard about the controversy it caused. Some were saying that they flew UNDER the Ravenel Bridge. I really don't think they did,it was just an optical illusion. Anyway,:wave: from Goose Creek.

Seen them many, many times....at one time, most all of the pilots were from North Carolina, correct me if I'm wrong!...Thrilling show, but the noise of the roaring stayed with me for days!

I remember seeing them a long time ago when I was small here in California. It's been awhile. Looks like Fat Albert was a sight to see. Did you get plenty of touring that day?
There was no static display at the Air Force base this time, just the Blue Angels aerial demonstration. But we watched it from the flight deck of the Yorktown, so we toured the Yorktown and Patriots Point again before the show. We've toured them before but it's always interesting to tour again.

I have seen them perform at the McDill Air Show, in Tampa.. I get goosebumps every time I see them perform. ( seen them perform three times) It is awesome how they can maneuver, surly a thrill, and heart stopping performance. The noise and vibration alone is just as exciting..
Yes, they are LOUD and I could feel the vibration throughout my body.

I did get to see B-2 flyby couple years ago. It was quite a sight too!

Your pics are great! I live in Goose Creek and while I didn't see this airshow,I've heard about the controversy it caused. Some were saying that they flew UNDER the Ravenel Bridge. I really don't think they did,it was just an optical illusion. Anyway,:wave: from Goose Creek.
We could see the bridge clearly from the Yorktown, and there is no way they flew under it. Yes, it was a lot of hype about the bridge. :lol:

I'm sorry you missed the show. I hope you get another opportunity.

I used to live in Goose Creek (Beverly Hills). :wave:

I've seen them at McDill AFB and at Ft. Leonardwood in MO.

I've seen them like third or fourth times, last time I saw them in the air was in Pensacola, Florida in June 2009 which it is Blue Angels' home base.

yeah saw it, I remember saw the Stealth, man! It was awesome how it has flewn... with graceful. Just perfect.

Saw the Blue Angels for the first time when I was living in Maryland back in 1992. It was in Annapolis, MD when they did their show. It was great. My friends and I were sitting on a grassy hill and the Blue Angels came from behind the hill so nobody heard it until it went past us scaring the heck out of us.

Other air shows I saw took place at Holloman Air Force base in New Mexico when I lived there. Got to see all the airplanes, jets, and a few of those famous stealth planes, too. German Air Force also had their planes out on display, too. Rad time but not for the young uns who don't like to sit around and talk under a wing of an airplane giving us some shade at a cool 97 degrees.

I've also seen the Air Force Thunderbirds F-16 demo, RAD! I've also seen a B-1B flyover! That will make your heart stop! :shock:

I've also seen the Air Force Thunderbirds F-16 demo, RAD! I've also seen a B-1B flyover! That will make your heart stop! :shock:

your kick makes my heart stop :eek3:

I used to go down to the lake here and watch the C 130s practice touch n gos followed by hard banks.....The fighters are fast and loud but to see those big ol cargo planes fly like that was a treat.

I have been on board a B-52......That was amazing as well.

Back