Bear Opening Car doors.

No doubt the bear is smart. They can trash a vehicle in minutes if someone left foods in the vehicle.

This video is very awesome... thanks for sharing! :)

Just to see how bear destructs your car...

[yt]wxlVmqatF8I[/yt]

Bear gets stuck in the car
[yt]pTdtLSnEF4Y[/yt]

I do think bears are very smart.

I read the article that came with the video. Here is an excerpt:

"In late May, a bear was spotted sleeping in a tree after gobbling up two chickens in North Vancouver. The owner of the chickens, meanwhile, was issued a $230 ticket for leaving them unsecured."

Really? I have never heard of such thing of getting ticket for having chickens unsecured. I do know some dog owners getting cited for not putting dangerous dogs unsecured... but chickens? I guess farmer?

I do think bears are very smart.

I read the article that came with the video. Here is an excerpt:

"In late May, a bear was spotted sleeping in a tree after gobbling up two chickens in North Vancouver. The owner of the chickens, meanwhile, was issued a $230 ticket for leaving them unsecured."

Just to see how bear destructs your car...

[yt]wxlVmqatF8I[/yt]

Bear gets stuck in the car
[yt]pTdtLSnEF4Y[/yt]

The guy was in there, and the bears didn't care! :shock: I camp in the car. Well, this will probably be my next nightmare! Note to self: stay far away from wherever bears live!

Black bear can be everywhere even close to city. We had sight of black bear, mind you I live in city, and that bear was only 3 or 4 miles away.

If I had to sleep in car, I would have shotgun ready and loaded. I will be nice to them by giving them warning fire. If they going attack me, well they will eat my lead.

I have seen black bears, even cubs following mother several times. I just don't screw them and leave them alone as long as they mind their own business.

Note to self: stay far away from wherever bears live!

black bears are very persistent and curious when it comes to food. When we were in the Smokey Mountains, there were signs everywhere saying about not to leave food in the car, and bear-safe bins. We had a sow bear and cubs come and take food off the grill on the back patio of the hotel we stayed in. We heard about that when we returned from looking around in the mountains - the hotel was pretty much backed up against a wooded ridge. There was a field/clearing between the tree line and the patio, volleyball courts, etc. and back portion of entrance to hotel. This part was where the hotel had it set up so guests could hang out outside and have grill-outs, parties whatever. Hotel staff and guests said the female came up from the tree line and took these people's steaks off the grill and walked back into the woods.

How are you supposed to secure chickens from a bear? Concrete bunker? Chicken wire doesn't even keep foxes out! $230 fine seems insane.

That is the reality. You will be surprise how these bears trying to get anything no matter what. They don't think as thieves does, they just simply seek food to survive.

I have seen garbage shed destroyed by bears and had to rebuild several times to get it right, some places put electric fence around and it somewhat works.

How are you supposed to secure chickens from a bear? Concrete bunker? Chicken wire doesn't even keep foxes out! $230 fine seems insane.

That is the reality. You will be surprise how these bears trying to get anything no matter what. They don't think as thieves does, they just simply seek food to survive.

I have seen garbage shed destroyed by bears and had to rebuild several times to get it right, some places put electric fence around and it somewhat works.

exactly, they are just foraging. Pulling apart a car is no different to them then pulling apart a stump looking for grubs. That's why I think it was stupid to fine the chicken owner.

If a raccoon can move a trashcan and destroy it, I am not surprise a bear can destroy shed. My daughter said they have to ties up their trashcans to keep the raccoons out but the little buggers will tried to pull the trashcan with them.

There were few Black bears in my reserve. My sister-in-law and I love to see the Black bears roaming themselves. Of course, we would be concern about our children and other people who might be walking down the roads to go where they want to visit. My nephew saw the Black bear while he was walking with his dog who happen to be a black dog. LOL I think the Black bear thought that the dog might be just like a bear cub. The Black bear never attack him at all. Good. So we have to be wary of them getting close to our houses in the bush. We leave them alone and they never bother us. The Black bears is our spirit brothers and sisters. We have lot of respect for them.

Back