Be yourself always

Beyurselfalwayz

Reaction score
Hi I'm Catherine. I'm 22 years old. My passions are in the visual arts; painting, photography and poetry. When I was a baby I learned American Sign Language because I couldn't talk; then later on started speaking. I believe American Sign language is beautiful. I wish I would have kept up with ASL. I'm hearing. I am taken back by the beauty of ASL. I am going to go to Community college for American Sign Language/ Interpreting. Though I am not sure of the exact route I'd love to take; but one step at a time, one experience at a time. ASL teacher, interpreter, therapist, and I even started thinking of becoming a photographer and taking pictures of beautiful language and the way the Deaf community uses their hands to speak and converse. I've been learning a lot about the Deaf culture on my own and American Sign Language. I wrote a poem about what I learned and read it at a poetry open mic. My goal is to write a poem; read and sign it even though no one will be able to understand hopefully they will see and hear the beauty of the poem. I am here to converse with everyone. I hope everyone is having a good week! =)

Welcome. Keep reading every threads to give you some more insights about this forum. ;)

Back