Aspiring Interpreter!

NerdieLizzie

Reaction score
Hello! My name is Lizz and I'm a Sign Language Interpretation student. I just started ASL 3 and would love to make a few friends with Deaf people who would be willing to chat with me! I realize that the fight for Deaf heart in the community is never ending and I would love to chat with a few of you about what your experiences with interpreters have been like and what changes you would like to see!

I also would love to just socialize =] All of my teachers are Deaf, but they are all older and they are teachers, so there is a certain social boundary you don't pass. I try to go to Deaf events whenever they're in my area, but it would be nice to find some people closer to my age or that have similar interests as me so we could actually become friends and chat about those things as we'll!

I'm a big nerd :p I love things like Doctor Who and video games and I'm a HUGE bookworm (I'm a dual-major in English literature).

A location might help unless you only want online friends. Also ZVRS has a hearing VP app now you might want to check into.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AllDeaf App mobile app

I'm mostly looking for online friends, I don't know how comfortable I am with sharing my location. I'm in New Hampshire, but I probably would like to get to know someone before telling them where I live.

Back