Another Newbie

Astrid

Reaction score
Hi to everyone here. I'm new (of course) and HoH. I tried to find an ASL group near my home to learn better ASL and practice but everything is too far away from where I live. I'm very isolated in the Mountains in New York Catskills. I prefer to be alone a lot but there are times I need to interact with others, like now. I don't have skype because I don't get a decent connection up here. Anything you want to know about me just ask and I will try and answer.

Astrid

shame i bsl and do have skype...several people have asked the same of me but they dont follow though...hope you find someone chat to.....no bsl apart from choirs in my area ...i dont do religion especially singing it in sign and they hearing, so for me them find them patronizing

caz12,

Thanks for the reply. I'm going to look into getting a webcam and see how that works since I can't get skype. You haven't found anyone to exchange bsl with online or are you looking for in-person groups?

Hi Astrid,

That's a beautiful picture!

A webcam is just a way to capture video of yourself and get it into your computer. Skype is one of the programs you can use to share that video with other people in real time, while they share theirs with you. There are other programs besides skype, but they'd all need a decent connection. Your comment gave me the feeling you thought that a webcam is some sort of alternative to skype, but they're really two parts of a system some people use for video chatting.

Back