All about being polite

sequoias

Premium Member
Reaction score
[yt]uVRtuCVmX2g[/yt]

And I agree with him all the way!

I agree too!

I find it annoying when they use their pagers all the time.

I have no problem when they use it from time to time such as to see if they have email or to send email. However, I don't like it when they overdo it.

Here are some annoying situations I've had to deal with before...

- While we're in the middle of a conversation, they use their pagers. (This is called 'interrupting'.)

- They use their pagers the whole time, while everyone else is socializing. (What are you doing at the party in the first place?)

- They leave their pager right in front of them while they're eating and keep looking at it every minute. (We're eating, put it away. It's like talking with your mouth full.)

If I was at a social event and I was expecting an important email, then I would check my pager only to see if I got an emergency message... else I put it back down. For instance, suppose I have a pregnant wife with health concerns... I would need to be easily contacted by her. So, if I'm talking to someone and I feel my pager vibrate... I can simply look at my pager to see who paged me. If it's not my wife, I put it away. If it is my wife, then I will tell my friend that it's my pregnant wife that could be an emergency.

Some people will talk, then look at their pager to see who paged them... then reply to every one of them. Ugh!

I agree too!

I find it annoying when they use their pagers all the time.

I have no problem when they use it from time to time such as to see if they have email or to send email. However, I don't like it when they overdo it.

Here are some annoying situations I've had to deal with before...

- While we're in the middle of a conversation, they use their pagers. (This is called 'interrupting'.)

- They use their pagers the whole time, while everyone else is socializing. (What are you doing at the party in the first place?)

- They leave their pager right in front of them while they're eating and keep looking at it every minute. (We're eating, put it away. It's like talking with your mouth full.)

If I was at a social event and I was expecting an important email, then I would check my pager only to see if I got an emergency message... else I put it back down. For instance, suppose I have a pregnant wife with health concerns... I would need to be easily contacted by her. So, if I'm talking to someone and I feel my pager vibrate... I can simply look at my pager to see who paged me. If it's not my wife, I put it away. If it is my wife, then I will tell my friend that it's my pregnant wife that could be an emergency.

Some people will talk, then look at their pager to see who paged them... then reply to every one of them. Ugh!

My God! I totally agree with you.

I have a friend who uses his pager ALL the time. I've told him to put it away because it makes us feel like he doesn't want to be there. For example, we went on a road trip to see his girlfriend for the weekend for another friend's wedding shower and he and his gf hadn't seen each other for like 3 weeks (they live 4 hours apart) and he was on his pager talking to like 3 or 4 people on AIM. Whhen we got to the gf's house, he just hugged her and then sat down and talked on his pager. I got mad and told him to put the F****** thing away because there's people here and that he needs to learn manners. Ever since then, he won't use his pager in front of me when we're talking.

I agree, too! It's a pet peeve of mine. Sequoias, do you know the guy who made this video clip?

Based on true event;

When I hopped in the school bus, and I saw guy/girl sitting each other, both of their heads down, and staring at sidekick. I was so curious, and asked him; "Who are you talking to?" He smiled. Then, I asked her; "Who are you talking to?" She was pointing at him. I was like, you are talking to him through the satellite, which is standing outside of this planet, my god. ASL IS BEAUTIFUL LANGUAGE, WHY DON'T YOU USE IT? They didn't say one word at all. *I walked away*

I can see that deafies overuse the technology, and most of the time they use pager to ask for date, break-up, fighting, among others. I would rather to talk to person instead of using pager. EVEN some stupid females/males showed his/her privacy through the videophone. Why don't they find a way to meet eachother, and do some crazy stuff in reality.

I use my sk3 for long-distance friends, making plans, emergency plans, and main reason is to communicate with trackers for my job.

I totally agree with him.

Authentic, that, the story you just told us; I can't believe it, they ought to show their prides to use the ASL in public.

I agree, too! It's a pet peeve of mine. Sequoias, do you know the guy who made this video clip?

Haha, nope I don't know that guy. I just got that via e-mail from my friend.

I agree with this guy in video. It's true ! I do have my own Treo 650 PalmOne, but I don't use it too often. I have soo much things to do around here. Sometimes, my friends came over to see me for a visit and we chat or go to some places for a cup of hot tea or decaf. coffee.

I use my Treo only for my children/family and friends in case, if there's an emergency or send a brief note if, they are available for a meetin'.

I am glad I am not addicted to my Treo. :lol: And, also I don't give out to friends my Treo's ph. # because, I haaaate vibratin' and it is verrrry annoyin' to me in every time, IF they call me constantly. I don't mind to give my friends my screen name on my computer - as long as my computer don't vibrate me too much. :)

Back