AIM >>>>> Question

Phillips

Lets ride horses!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi

I have>>> old Screename at Aim but Want quit and closed it.. I have new one Aim Screename now :D

I did print out all address from old screename.. and Private announces to my friends of my new aim screename...

How I closed that old screename aim :confused:

Phillips :D :D

Well, there is options -- but since I am not famailar with AIM, I only rarely use AIM since late last year. Well, I will try and give it a best shot, if your old AIM has an email account, see if you can go to the settings and find the option to delete or remove or in the alternative (second one) way is to sign out for the last time and leave it forgotten :lol:

I looked up on AIM website.
AIM Screen Names

Q: Can I delete one of my old AIM screen names?
A: No, you cannot delete old AIM screen names at this time. However, you can prevent other users from finding one of your screen names by performing the following steps:

Windows: Select the My AIM menu, click My Options, and then click Edit Preferences. After the window appears, click the Controls tab, and click Nothing about me.

Macintosh: Select the Edit menu, and click Preferences. After the window appears, click the Controls tab, and click Nothing about me.

You can also and remove any information from your profile that would lead other users to find your screen name. You can access your profile from My AIM menu on Windows or the People menu on Mac OS.

There was someone that came up with AOL/AIM screen name deletion software, but I believe AOL caught that and changed codes or whatever to keep people from deleting screen names.

the only way you can do is remove the AIM software from your puter then reinstall the AIM then you can add your NEW screen name.

I have tried this in the past. i tried to remove the aim screen name. Nothing work? but do what SG said. make sure its nothing about me.. so no one can find you. :)

AOL- you can remove the screen name no problem but on AIM- you can't? But I found removing AIM software then reinstalling it and your old aim screen name is not there anymore?

so try that?

Good Luck! :)

Freaky Cat. to remove your screen name from AIM client - highlight the screen name in the login box and press "delete" button on your keyboard. The screen name you no longer wanted should be gone.

Freaky Cat. to remove your screen name from AIM client - highlight the screen name in the login box and press "delete" button on your keyboard. The screen name you no longer wanted should be gone.

i tried but it didnt work. I TRIED everything.. nothing work! so remove AIM software then reinstalling.. finally no more aim sn there! lol.. whew.. heh..

i tried but it didnt work. I TRIED everything.. nothing work! so remove AIM software then reinstalling.. finally no more aim sn there! lol.. whew.. heh..
That is wierd. Are you using the current AIM version?

That is wierd. Are you using the current AIM version?

I think so. its version 6.5.9.1

that was back few years ago... i havent changed aim sn since long time now.. sticked with one which is deaf chara.. so not sure about now??? ha.. :)

I don't think you can really close it. What you can do is try contacting AIM through their website and request to close it.

Another option would be to sign on, delete all names from it, sign off, and then never sign on again. :)

I think so. its version 6.5.9.1

that was back few years ago... i havent changed aim sn since long time now.. sticked with one which is deaf chara.. so not sure about now??? ha.. :)
Here it is 6.5.12.1. I have uninstalled and upgraded to the new version, now I see if I wanted to delete, it will stay in the login box. :ugh:

It seems that the AIM unit is now part of the ICQ unit.

Here it is 6.5.12.1. I have uninstalled and upgraded to the new version, now I see if I wanted to delete, it will stay in the login box. :ugh:

Told ya.. it wont work. LOL! :P

Yeah, From what I've heard that AIM will move to ICQ somewhere I read article via bigblueball.com. I hope that's not true..

Oh no aim is part of ICQ blah!

Yep, I got info from BigBlue couple of months ago that ICQ was taking over AIM. I don't believe they are going to do away AIM. They probably are trying to work on a single client for AOL/AIM and ICQ now.

This is how I noticed similarities between the two clients: (click on the images below)

ICQ isn't bad, maybe somewhat annoying with the banner and other stuff.

I thought AIM had ICQ for years since late 2000s :dunno: As at the time that is when you are able to add on ICQ numbers on AIM list. But I have never added ICQ numbers on my aim list.

Even though I used to have a standalone ICQ in 2000/2001. I don't even remember my old ICQ numbers and passwords.

Back