About me :P

Shivonne :)

Reaction score
My name is Shivonne and i am a CODA (child of a deaf adult. well technically hard of hearing. REALLY hard of hearing. but super expensive hearing aids take care of that.) I am 15! I am learning ASL. again. Apparently i was very fluent when i was younger. I have progressive hereditary hearing loss and have already showed signs of loss in my right ear. about 3%. It's not a lot now but every case is different. For example, my sister showed major signs at age 3 whereas I haven't shown signs until now. We don't really rely on ASL in my house but it is used when we don't want other people to know what we're saying :giggle: I want to become fluent in ASL and possibly pursue a career involved in the Deaf community. Words of encouragement are ALWAYS appreciated! :ty:

Shivonne, you could transfer to a deaf school or a dhh program... you could also attend dhh camps. Those are the best places to become fluent and become a real part of the deaf world!

Shivonne, you could transfer to a deaf school or a dhh program... you could also attend dhh camps. Those are the best places to become fluent and become a real part of the deaf world!

With a 3% hearing loss??? That is in the normal range and doesn't even count as a hearing loss.

REALLY hard of hearing. but super expensive hearing aids take care of that.) I have progressive hereditary hearing loss and have already showed signs of loss in my right ear. about 3%
A 3% hearing loss isn't "really hard of hearing" ....you're contradicting yourself.

A 3% hearing loss isn't "really hard of hearing" ....you're contradicting yourself.

She was talking about her mom, her mom's the one that's really HoH and has super expensive hearing aids.

Back