2009 Ice Storm Pictures

Jolie77

Premium Member
Reaction score
Here are some random photos I took during the recent ice storm that was here last week.

2009IceStorm029.jpg

2009IceStorm028.jpg

2009IceStorm027.jpg

2009IceStorm026.jpg

2009IceStorm025.jpg

2009IceStorm019.jpg

2009IceStorm018.jpg

2009IceStorm017.jpg

2009IceStorm015.jpg

2009IceStorm013.jpg

2009IceStorm032.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting photos. I wonder, did those trees die and need cut down?

Wonderful pictures. Shadow-our trees around here lost a lot of branches but the ones that didn't just bounced back up after the ice melted.

Dang! That is a lot of ice! :shock:

It is suppose to freeze for the next three nights in Florida. but nothing like that!!!

Dang! That is a lot of ice! :shock:

It is suppose to freeze for the next three nights in Florida. but nothing like that!!!

I believe it will happen in Florida some day. Florida will probably be like upper East Coast. More like South Carolina or North Carolina. Axis change. :)

Here are some random photos I took during the recent ice storm that was here last week.

2009IceStorm029.jpg

2009IceStorm028.jpg

2009IceStorm027.jpg

2009IceStorm026.jpg

2009IceStorm025.jpg

2009IceStorm019.jpg

2009IceStorm018.jpg

2009IceStorm017.jpg

2009IceStorm015.jpg

2009IceStorm013.jpg

2009IceStorm002.jpg

2009IceStorm032.jpg

Wow ! :eek3: I am curious what was the temp in all these pictures at that time ? I like soft or fluffy snow rather than ice.

Wow! :hug: Just really glad that you and the princes are safe.

Just glad that many families are safe and not in harm's way.

Babyblue, if you are experiencing that kind of weather or will be in the next few days.

Make sure you shut all the doors of the rooms in your house to keep the heat centered all in one room in your home. You do want to have your family sleeping in one same room, preferably in the living room.

Put a heavy blanket on top of your drapery to shield the windows from the damages in any event. Keep lots of batteries in stock. Bottled waters, canned food and lots of board games helps kill the time.

Yikes! Jolie77, looks soooooo cold! Stay warm. Thanks for sharing your pics.

Here, moved plants that could be moved inside. The rest are covered with sheets, blankets, etc. It will get down in the twenties (F) tonight, 2morrow night and Thursday night. Warms up nicely during the day, when there is no wind. I enjoy having 4 change of seasons. No mosquitos and no no-see-ums. I just do not want any ice/snow. smile If, we get freezing ice/snow, I move to Hawaii! :giggle:

Interesting photos. I wonder, did those trees die and need cut down?

Yes some of these trees were severly destructed and had to be cut down. Most of the trees around here lost a lot of limbs but however, there were some that just bounced right back up after the snow/ice melt.

Wow ! :eek3: I am curious what was the temp in all these pictures at that time ? I like soft or fluffy snow rather than ice.

The temp was hovering around in the teens and single digits. I can't really remember the exact degree but it's around that. It was also windy which made it a bit more colder with the wind chills.

Yikes! Jolie77, looks soooooo cold! Stay warm. Thanks for sharing your pics.

Here, moved plants that could be moved inside. The rest are covered with sheets, blankets, etc. It will get down in the twenties (F) tonight, 2morrow night and Thursday night. Warms up nicely during the day, when there is no wind. I enjoy having 4 change of seasons. No mosquitos and no no-see-ums. I just do not want any ice/snow. smile If, we get freezing ice/snow, I move to Hawaii! :giggle:

It's going to be in the 20's in Florida? :eek:

It's been snowing here again today, ugh. I am definitely sick of seeing the snow and the "whites" on the ground. :lol:

Hawaii, you say? Naw, How about the Caribbeans or Bali where it's much warmer? :D

The trees remind me of the ones in Utah when they were all white and stuff. :)

Jolie, those are some pretty pics, at the same time it brought a lot of devestation to KY. I am glad that you and your family safe and restoring your lives after, this hard hit ice strom in your state.

Amazing pictures, it sure shows the effect how the ice can cause a lot of damage. Glad you are ok and safe and hopefully other places are safe too as well. Has the ice melted away yet since?

Pretty pictures of wintry Kentucky. :) This kind of brings back memories growing up in eastern Tennessee. Sometime I miss all the snow but I don't think I want to be in it again. :eek3:

Wow, amazing pictures, yet it is beautiful but same time ice can be destructive. :)

Glad that you and your family are safe.

Beautiful Pictures, Jolie.

I always fall in love with outside once Ice Storm gets over because it's so beautiful to seeing ice on everywhere. I do love ice storm :D and we always get Ice Storm every year in Michigan ;)

Jolie, those are some pretty pics, at the same time it brought a lot of devestation to KY. I am glad that you and your family safe and restoring your lives after, this hard hit ice strom in your state.

Thank you. Yeah, It's slowly getting back to the normalcy. At least, getting there at this point. There are still some other people without electricity but that number is reducing significantly.

Amazing pictures, it sure shows the effect how the ice can cause a lot of damage. Glad you are ok and safe and hopefully other places are safe too as well. Has the ice melted away yet since?

Thank You. :)

Yes, The ice has melted but it is not totally melted everywhere else. I still see some remains of the ice out there. When I was driving home today from work - There was a huge icicle on the side of the rock and I wished I had took a picture of that but unfortunately I didn't bring my digital camera with me. Oh well, ha.

[Love those pictures I took recently... very beautiful!!

SNOW: 12.5 inches total

These are beautiful! That's a lot of snow you're getting. How many inches have you ever had on a bigger scale?

Back