Cheap Chocolate Easter Egg

Opal

Reaction score
I found it in my favourite magazine for anyone who want to be little different for Easter, is buying the cheaper, large plain chocolate eggs and revamp them with your personal touch to give your friends.

You don't have to be professional cake decorator, but you can peel off half the foil wrapper and ice their names on them, and decorate them with flowers or little chickens, small easter bunny stuffs etc.

People will appreciated your skills handcraft and seeing their personal names written specially for them!!

Happy Easter to you all AD :ily:

Sounds like a great idea. Do you have a link for that idea on the website for that magazine?

I don't remember my German friends making their own chocolate eggs. :shrugs:
I do remember that they call their baskets "Easter Nests" and I loved eating the Surprise Egg candies and seeing what were in them.

:Now I have to go to the German market in Downtown SLC and buy some Surprise Eggs! LOL:

kuifje75 said:
I don't remember my German friends making their own chocolate eggs. :shrugs:
I do remember that they call their baskets "Easter Nests" and I loved eating the Surprise Egg candies and seeing what were in them.

:Now I have to go to the German market in Downtown SLC and buy some Surprise Eggs! LOL:

yes, that's right...
We also do baked the cake with form "Rabbit" or "Egg".... to decorate pretty on it...
We boiled the egg to color them.... or decorate them.... with pretty chocolate eggs... which it's good for egg hunter. (children)...

I loved Easter decoration like Christmas decoration in the house & garden...

I decorate Easter things at living room to kitchen... & also at garden....

Easter decoration are toooo friendly & lovely. I love it...

I remember when I spent Eastern (Ostern) in Bavaria with my friend and her family. We went on a short trip to Bayerische Wälder (Bavarian Forest) in eastern Bavaria. We ate Easter dinner in a nice restaurant in Bodenmais, and my friend and I went to Mt. Silberberg to go visit inside an old mine. Then we drove into Czech Republic, but we did not see any markets so we returned to Regen where my friend's family were visiting relatives. We watched German soccer (I remember Borussia Dortmund won...). Then we drove back to Regensburg.

kuifje75 said:
I remember when I spent Eastern (Ostern) in Bavaria with my friend and her family. We went on a short trip to Bayerische Wälder (Bavarian Forest) in eastern Bavaria. We ate Easter dinner in a nice restaurant in Bodenmais, and my friend and I went to Mt. Silberberg to go visit inside an old mine. Then we drove into Czech Republic, but we did not see any markets so we returned to Regen where my friend's family were visiting relatives. We watched German soccer (I remember Borussia Dortmund won...). Then we drove back to Regensburg.

What a shame that you never see Market in Czech Republic... You would fall in love with it when you see it....
Terrible cheap to buy anything there.... We went there twice a year....
We'll go there on Easter weekends....

I did see the markets in Czech Republic when we visited Praha in July. It was soooooo cheap. It was unusual for me to exchange to about 4000 Kc. from like 200 DM. I still have some Czech money :) Next time I go to Czech Republic, I will be sure to look for bargains. My friends did not want to go shopping but to see the sightseeing places. So it was ok.

Hey I remember seeing Easter Tree in Germany, they decorated it with fake Eggs and small birds, rabbit, it is awesome!! :fruit: :fruit:

RedRum said:
Hey I remember seeing Easter Tree in Germany, they decorated it with fake Eggs and small birds, rabbit, it is awesome!! :fruit: :fruit:

Exactly, like Christmas decoration.... what I stated an earlier

soooo lovely.....

kuifje75 said:
I did see the markets in Czech Republic when we visited Praha in July. It was soooooo cheap. It was unusual for me to exchange to about 4000 Kc. from like 200 DM. I still have some Czech money :) Next time I go to Czech Republic, I will be sure to look for bargains. My friends did not want to go shopping but to see the sightseeing places. So it was ok.

You don't need to buy anything with Czech money because the people there love Deutsche Mark, then now EUR.... The people at Markets are not interesting to have Czech money but DM or EUR.... (Watch out, they have only prices in their mind when they know you are tourist...) We always deal with them to reduce the prices... :D

We do not need to exchange anything with EUR when we go there.....

Liebling:))) I was deep inside Czech Republik (Prag), so it was necessary to have Czech money. I agree with you Liebling that they like to cheat on tourists and rip them off. I have a friend who lives in Prague and he told me and my friend not to speak at all. We used sign language, and they thought we were Czechs, because my friend could speak Czech well... LOL

We are off topic here!!! Boah... back to Easter traditions:
Do any one of you make Easter trees and decorate it with beautiful eggs? I am surprised they do not do it in Utah.

kuifje75 said:
Sounds like a great idea. Do you have a link for that idea on the website for that magazine?

Hey there kootchie -- RedRum did ask me about the website for That's Life! Magazine -- but they don't have a website, only an email address -- if you wish to contact them for that article, let me know and I'll supply the email. :D

Ahhh, thanks WaterRats. That sucks that the magazine has no website. Don't worry about the email, I thought we should be able to see it here, as you know Deafies love to see things visually in pictures. *grin*

kuifje75 said:
We are off topic here!!! Boah... back to Easter traditions:
Do any one of you make Easter trees and decorate it with beautiful eggs? I am surprised they do not do it in Utah.

Exactly.... Genau...

just buy the small tree to decorate pretty eggs... yes, very beautiful eggs...

You will be surprise when you see every Easter decoration on trees on everywhere at towns/cities, also garden....

Like what RedRum said... "faked eggs"... of course real eggs (empty white & yolk eggs), then color them or use it with napkin on it... (handicrafts) or crochet on it... .. something like christmas tree..

I never have like this in England... I love Easter best.. but my hubby love English Christmas best.

To decorate Bunny rabbit with decoration eggs on the table ... - Spring flowers with 4 candles..

Easter decoration in the house & garden are more friendly..... with happy sunshine....

I create many eggs with napkins.... handicraft...
baked Easter cakes with "Rabbit" or "Egg" form tin....

Also like Easter kranz, too like Weihnachten kranz... small eggs on it....

Last edited:
Here is an example of Easter tree...

eastertree.jpg

I don't think I will make one this year since nobody comes to my house. LOL
And my eggs are back in East in New Jersey. There is always next year! :)

What do you usually make for Easter dinner?
My family usually makes:

Ham, potato salad, lima beans with bacon and rolls.
We do colour eggs and I love doing pysanka (Ukrainian egg art).

pysanka-1.jpg

When we are done with pysanka, we hang these eggs on the Easter tree. It adds more and more every year. :)

Super Kujik75....

It's exactly same I have one but it's not only one but TREE...., I mean like Christmas tree...

I will add when I find at website....

painted eggs, napkin on eggs, crochet on eggs, etc etc etc etc etc ....

We don't eat any meats for a day on Good Friday....
Germans cooked the Easter dinner like this.... roast lamb with splatze or kloss...
Evening snack... cheese, salmone....

We never like roast lamb... I cook for family on Easter dinner.... roast chicken, mashed pototoes & vegetables, gravey like English dinner...

Evening snack.... decoration pretty color boiled eggs, cheese, Easter bread, all what you name it...

Last edited:
Cool! I really like the Tisch-Osterkrone aus Eier (Table crown from eggs).
I never heard of Osterkrone but that is cool!

WOW!! sound good to me.. when i get new place i will make crafts at home cuz of my fave homemaker alike crafts, sew stuff... smile..

Back