Wood Burning Fireplace / Gas fireplace / None

You have fireplace? What kind? None?

• Total voters

Dodge Trucker

Reaction score
Hey there! I thought I would start a conversation about fireplaces. How many of you all have wood burning fireplaces, or fireplace stove insert...or regular stand by itself wood stove? (not kitchen stove..heating stove) How many of you have gas fireplace? How many of you have no fireplace? How many of you have pellet stoves?

Why or why not do you have it? What is your opinions why you do or do not have it?

I personally have a wood burning stove insert. It fit into my fireplace, and it work like regular wood burning stove, but it fit into my fireplace. It heats up my house BIG TIME...and know what? It is 1972 model that I bought off ebay for $200 dollars in local town about 2 hours away. It is in really good condition since it 1972. Guy who sell to me say that it overheat his house. Toooo hot for him, so he sell. This is my FIRST year using wood burning stove insert. My wife who is country girl...she grew up strong family using wood stove. Always burning dry seasoned oak all her life. I never experience it because I was city kid who grew up alway use gas to heat my mothers house with no fireplace. I met my wife...then she introduced me to wood burning stove. MMMMM...I love the smell of burning oak firewood. Nothing like it. I love the smell!! It warms my house up BIG TIME...I don't like to wake up in the morning cold cold. Put some logs in stove...adjust air for stove..go to bed. Next morning...WARM! I have about 2 cords (4 big full size truckload of firewood) in my backyard. I hope it will last me through winter since expect gas heat price expect go up 50 to 75% in some place of USA. Not for me!! I plan try leave my furnance/heater OFF all winter and use wood heat only.

Now I tell my story...I would like to hear your stories. Do you have any kind of fireplace or not? Why or why not?

Happy Fall!!

I have 3 fire places

One is open fire place with glass door at 2nd living room

2 is tiled stoves at 1st living room and dinning room

Use wood is cheap than use oil heating. Yes, we have heaters and floor heater for bathroom.

In past years we used fireplaces for the weekends, now we use 2 tiled stoves for everyday instead of weekends and open fire place with glass door for the weekends due oil expenses.

Yes, I have to turn heaters on to protect to damage from freezing pipes. (low tempature)

Any one have fireplaces?

Hi there!! I am wondering if any one has fireplaces in their house? Cold is coming, and I thought I would start this conversation. Any one interested?

Our house used to have just a fireplace. It was romantic to have a fire in it but not very practical. It didn't keep the house warm.

Now we have the wood stove inserted into the fireplace. It keeps all of the first floor very warm, and the upstairs warm. We love it!

We keep a kettle filled with water on the stove all the time that we use it. It adds steam to the dry winter air in our house.

Reba said:
Our house used to have just a fireplace. It was romantic to have a fire in it but not very practical. It didn't keep the house warm.

Now we have the wood stove inserted into the fireplace. It keeps all of the first floor very warm, and the upstairs warm. We love it!

We keep a kettle filled with water on the stove all the time that we use it. It adds steam to the dry winter air in our house.

May I ask you something?

Do you have ventilation screen to fix your fireplace?

Example like this

http://www.lueftungsgitter.com/bilder/w28.jpg

http://images.google.de/imgres?imgu...?q=ventilation+screen&svnum=10&hl=de&lr=&sa=G

It's important to have ventilation screen on it to keep the room warm.

We have tiled stoves with 2 ventilation screen on it... You will see the picture of our tiled stoves with ventilation screen in other thread. We have 4 ventilation screen for open fireplace with glass door... ( 2 ventilation screen is on left side and back side of chimney - it's same color as chimney color... - hot air go room when the fire start hotter.... - make the rooms warm quick).

I hope you understand my description... I will try to find out what kind of ventilation screen to add here.

I found the examples from google

You can see the red mark is ventilation screen

Don't have one.. but would love to have a fireplace!!! That would be perrrfect for winter!

I WISH WISH WISH want those...
comfy spacouis and beautiful fireplace too
Fireplace.jpg

If suppose found a house extactly looks alike picture.. we'll buy it right away.. LOL

depends house model..

OHhhHHhHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yes.. Indeed..
:hitit:
My god.. I want those...
3%20sided%20fireplace.jpg

Liebling:-))) said:
May I ask you something?

Do you have ventilation screen to fix your fireplace?
Our stove has vents on it, with a thermostatically controlled blower fan to circulate the hot air. We also have a ceiling fan that circulates the heated air further.

Of course, when there is a power outage, the fans don't work, but the heat still circulates pretty good.

We have regular fireplace with wood stove in it. We have alot woods in our backyard for next few years. Weather has been so warm for last few weeks so haven't start using it yet. News said this winter will be unusal warm which help our heating bill this winter. No snow this winter for us. :(

i have fireplace
since i was little i have fireplaces every house i used to live in

Back