Do the mothers get depressed when their babies are sold?

Dannie

Reaction score
I'am really curious about this one!!!

I honestly really don't know but read years ago that they do only I ask the breeder we're getting our beagle from if the mothers get depressed when the babies are gone, and he just said "No, they're glad their gone just like parents are glad to get rid of their kids.........

Ah, excuse me but that doesn't pertain to all canine parents,........

But his mothers were having babies all the time, but still it really does not make sense how the mothers can't wait to get rid of the young pups.

There were two mothers there, the father was nowhere and they both had a litter of about four or five pups.

"I honestly really don't know but read years ago that they do only I ask the breeder we're getting our beagle from "if the mothers get depressed when the babies are gone, and he just said "No, they're glad their gone just like parents are glad to get rid of their kids........."

Actually, what he said is not something I would tell to someone. All dogs are different and usually not many do miss their puppies. Humans and dogs are two different species and they do not think and feel the same. Dogs are not humans, and dogs only can understand mainly four things; sleep, eat, mate, and pack order. They do not care if their puppies are leaving or dying. When two dogs are going to breed together, they do not form any "flings" with each other like humans do.

Example the difference between humans and dogs.

Ex 1) Women can have an intercourse with any men. Whenever they are on period or not.

Ex 2) Dogs only will have an intercourse with females who are in heat. They do not mate when femaels are not in heat. Dogs only can mate two times a year and no more. Female dogs do not have any "feelings" for those males.

"Ah, excuse me but that doesn't pertain to all canine parents,........

But his mothers were having babies all the time, but still it really does not make sense how the mothers can't wait to get rid of the young pups.

There were two mothers there, the father was nowhere and they both had a litter of about four or five pups."

Ok, If I were your dad, I would not buy a beagle puppy from that breeder. Obvious I'm seeing some red flags here; however, I can not stop you from bring a puppy home.

Maybe you will want to take a look on this website.

(Can be graphic beware)
if you click on the red, that say cruel realities
http://www.stoppuppymills.org/

http://www.critterhaven.us/nopm/pics.htm

Oh, I don't know. That's hard to say. Have you talked to a pet psychologist?

I have seen dogs have feelings, the mother and the puppies. I think they were meant to stay together as a family. The father and mother dog with their puppies. Someday when I have a farm then I will have the dogs and puppies together as a family. :angel:

My golden receiver cross dog was born in Learmonth Puppy Farm, back that time I wasn't aware of it until I saw it on TV news and I feel disguised how they treat dogs/puppies for dirty money!!!

I bought him from the Pet Shop, as from now on, I prefer to purchase puppy/kitten from good breeders!

http://www.dogslife.com.au/dogs_life_articles?cid=9450&pid=150261

I gave away my kittens from the Mother Cat, and she was pined for her babies for two days, my family don't like hearing her constant "Meaow" every 5 minutes!!

Queen/Bitch do have a feelings!!

Heath said:
I have seen dogs have feelings, the mother and the puppies. I think they were meant to stay together as a family. The father and mother dog with their puppies. Someday when I have a farm then I will have the dogs and puppies together as a family. :angel:

Actually no, you are wrong. Dogs are not HUMANS. They do not think like Humans. I think you are making a major mistake if you are going to breed two dogs together. You better watch out of that father who might want to eat his puppies. It does happen a lot especially when people do not know a thinig about breeding two dogst together. You can believe in God, but do not be foolish enough to breed two dogs together when you really have no idea what you are getitng yourself into

Cane Corso said:
Actually no, you are wrong. Dogs are not HUMANS. They do not think like Humans. I think you are making a major mistake if you are going to breed two dogs together. You better watch out of that father who might want to eat his puppies. It does happen a lot especially when people do not know a thinig about breeding two dogst together. You can believe in God, but do not be foolish enough to breed two dogs together when you really have no idea what you are getitng yourself into

Whoa, that is something I would not want to happen. You got a good point there.

Tamara said:
Why?

Would you rather to buy pets from Pet Shop?

Actually, many people got confused between ethical and irresponsible breeders.

Ethical breeders are the one who we should get our puppies from

Irresponsible breeders are the one who we need to avoid! I don't think people certainly understand those difference.

All petstore puppies come from puppymills. Also, all unethical breeders got their puppies from petstore.

Ethical breeders do not get their puppies from petstore, puppymill, or flea market.

They always will be a member of breed club that has a code of ethics that say they are not allowed to sell their puppies to petstores. They don't breed dogs for money, but as a hobby. Many people just don't get this idea very clear.

Cane Corso said:

Nope you are wrong... Heath is right.. WHOLE of animals do have feelings... I knew it becuase I can feel animals' feelings pretty good.

Once, I was around 15 years old, I went to the house that is selling the puppies, it's Cocker Spainel breed. I was planning to pick the puppy to seeing if I like that or not somehow puppies' mother barked at me and growling, I was like whoa.. Then owner of puppies and dog told me that she don't want to give her babies away, she want to keep them to herself.. I was like aww then left, wont buy that dog becuase I respect that dog. I knew animals do have feelings PERIOD...

Heath said:
Whoa, that is something I would not want to happen. You got a good point there.

Yeah, it is digusting, but unfortunately not so many people know this. Usually, it is better to seperate father and mother dogs when she's having a litter. This is the difference between humans and dogs. :)

In general, we need both of our parents to raise us, but dogs only need one dog to nuture for 6-8 puppies.

I was told the father/even Mother eat their own litter is because the Mother cannot feed all their litters, because the Mother only had six tits, and 7 or more puppies, she only able to feed up to 6 puppies or less to suit her.

Its like human Mothers cannot cope with breastfeeding to a triplets or quad, you named it.

Got it?

Sweetheart said:
Nope you are wrong... Heath is right.. WHOLE of animals do have feelings... I knew it becuase I can feel animals' feelings pretty good.

No I know I am completely right on this one. Dogs only can understand pack order, do you know what it is? Wolves and dogs Dna are very much close to be similar and there are only 1 or 2 % difference. This has proven that dogs were evolved by men and they still have the DNA makeup of a wolf. Did you know that alpha female and male wolves are the only ones that will breed together out of their group? The alpha wolf will be the only one who sleeps in a better bed, first one to eat the best meal, and first one to get into fight/protect the rest?

If you don't agree, don't try and agrue with me. I know I am right and that is it. Dogs are different and they do not think like we do. Human brains are 4 times bigger than dogs and we have more emotions/feelings. Dogs do not have that many emotions. PERIOD. I have been involved in the dog world for more than 3 years. I have had dogs all my life.

Tamara said:
I was told the father/even Mother eat their own litter is because the Mother cannot feed all their litters, because the Mother only had six tits, and 7 or more puppies, she only able to feed up to 6 puppies or less to suit her.

Its like human Mothers cannot cope with breastfeeding to a triplets or quad, you named it.

Got it?

No actually the reason mother will not feed her puppies is because she knows something's wrong with them. It is genetic factor. Likely,she knows they will not survive.

Cane Corso said:
No I know I am completely right on this one. Dogs only can understand pack order, do you know what it is? Wolves and dogs Dna are very much close to be similar and there are only 1 or 2 % difference. This has proven that dogs were evolved by men and they still have the DNA makeup of a wolf. Did you know that alpha female and male wolves are the only ones that will breed together out of their group? The alpha wolf will be the only one who sleeps in a better bed, first one to eat the best meal, and first one to get into fight/protect the rest?

If you don't agree, don't try and agrue with me. I know I am right and that is it. Dogs are different and they do not think like we do. Human brains are 4 times bigger than dogs and we have more emotions/feelings. Dogs do not have that many emotions. PERIOD. I have been involved in the dog world for more than 3 years. I have had dogs all my life.

Oh well, I know you are right in some ways. But I talk about dogs with feelings and emitionals, you are sort of wrong... And, same thing with me. I have had dogs all of my life, and I have been involved in the dog world since I was a kid becuase I always want to learn about Dogs' life and such like that. That's how I started can feel dogs' feelings if they are sad or something like that... I'm not going to agrue with you, I just told you my opinions and such like that... That's all.

Dogs only can understand pack order, do you know what it is? Wolves and dogs Dna are very much close to be similar and there are only 1 or 2 % difference. This has proven that dogs were.........

Once the pup is sold, I am their Leader of the pack, my dog protest me as a good watchdog. My dog follow me everywhere I go.

Dog don't really need their Parents (dogs) to protest them over, same go for the cats too.

Cane Corso said:
No actually the reason mother will not feed her puppies is because she knows something's wrong with them. It is genetic factor. Likely,she knows they will not survive.

Yes it is one of the other reasons to add too.

Dogs response to love. Dogs respond to pain. Dogs response to rewards. Dogs response to failure. Dogs response to a wide range of emotions and Dogs can obey people if people treat the dog the right way and respect, love and care for the dog. God Bless ..... :angel:

Heath said:
Dogs response to love. Dogs respond to pain. Dogs response to rewards. Dogs response to failure. Dogs response to a wide range of emotions and Dogs can obey people if people treat the dog the right way and respect, love and care for the dog. God Bless ..... :angel:

Well, I don't think you are getting a picture here. Yes we do love our dogs, but their emotions are not the same as ours. They might miss us, but they can get over really fast than we really do. If someone abuses them, they do get over quickly than we really do. We are the one who make them aggressive. Many aggressions are not caused by themsleves, we are the ones who create the problem. If we want that to be stopped, it will stop. They don't weep like we do. You said that dogs respond to failure? How? They do not respond to failure. Usually, owners yell at them because they do not know what is "wrong" or "right" way to do. All puppies will chew anything; shoes, bras, undies, wire cords, remotes, etc. Of course puppies do not know that they are not supposed to chew on those items. Who is going to yell at them for chewing their things?

Basically, I hardly yell at my dogs because they know who not to mess around, me. My dogs see me as a pack leader. If I do not want them to come in my bedroom, all I have to is stare and follow them out. I do not even need to buy a baby gate to keep them out. They stay out until they are being called to come in my room.

Dogs only obey to owners if they see their people as their leader not follower. Dogs can love their people and not respect. This behavior is obvious that they see their people as followers.They were learned by the rule to live in pack order.

Pack leader is the one who gets the most reward
~ this include better bed/ better food/ get attention anytime anywhere/ be the one who get into fight/whatever. All others must obey whatever the pack leader wants.

Lower ones will get the least rewarding
~will not get into fight,
not be aggressive with people or animals; however, they expect their pack leader to protect them from any harms, do not get the best food/bed/will always obey/ do not get themselves into trouble often/ stay away whatever their pack leader tells them to/will always lick and act submssive.

Please read this link. It will worth your cent.
http://www.dogswithbehaviorproblems.com/

Back