Mexico and United States border:

Do you support a border fence between Mexico and the United States?

• Yes

Votes: 26 68.4%
  • No

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • I don't know

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • I don't care

Votes: 3 7.9%

• Total voters
Tousi said:
Webexplorer, really? What's your view on this, in a nutshell?

This is good resource from them. If you hear on the TV news, will you expect to believe what George has to say on the news for instance?

"Resource from them"? I asked you for your view on this. This debate can grow to MUCH more than just a fence because the fence causes a lot of other issues to come in to play.
Anyway, I asked for YOUR view.....

webexplorer said:
Some Mexicans work very hard than most American employees....

My friend is a restaurant owner, and I visited them and know them a little for about three years. Last year, she moved to Florida from New England. Her employees decided and followed her path to work at her restaurant there. So far, I heard that every year the Mexicans and foreigns send a lot of money to their families in their country. They told me that Indian people (India) is the worst and the most rip-off business in the history in our country. Mexican is not quite that bad, but the problem is that they should not join a gang group in our country - that's what I saw on the news about it.

Hey Webexplorer,

Does the India people have right to run their own businesses in United States pure market economy? They do have the rights to reserve their own business in capital system.

Can you give me explainations why they are trying to rip off people? Do not give me a reason about adding water in the gas station. Everyone in any race do that. Why did you not mention about Italtian Mafia?

Thanks, MLD but how does that relate to Cheri's original question? Are we going off-topic? There are times when I don't mind going off-topic a little cuz doing so can bring new light to a point in the original topic, but I fail to see the connection with the last couple of responses.

Tousi said:
Thanks, MLD but how does that relate to Cheri's original question? Are we going off-topic? There are times when I don't mind going off-topic a little cuz doing so can bring new light to a point in the original topic, but I fail to see the connection with the last couple of responses.

You may ask Webexplorer why he replied an off-topic about India society instead of Blondie's North America Border issue... ;)

mld4ds said:
Hey Webexplorer,

Does the India people have right to run their own businesses in United States pure market economy? They do have the rights to reserve their own business in capital system.

Can you give me explainations why they are trying to rip off people? Do not give me a reason about adding water in the gas station. Everyone in any race do that. Why did you not mention about Italtian Mafia?

Interesting point you have made. I recalled that Deaf person whom I don't wish to associate with anymore, mentioned that she and her ex lover had to move out of the shitty apartment immediately because Indian owner(s) of that apartment tended to enter into her apartment without her consent or permission and demanded more money from her. Many people from some apartment units quietly moved out without mean Indian man's knowledge because he ripped off people on the apartment property, so they did not like it so much, so decided to vanished themselves without getting noticed.

Italian Mafia is different than Indian people on controlling businesses, etc. Some of them listened to some people's concerns, they can take care of the problems for the people for valid reasons. Yes, they do extortions, charging too much interests (vig), murdering, etc. In my opinion, they made businesses more smoothly than today's greedy people like Wynn (I am speaking of old times).

Oddball said:
Interesting point you have made. I recalled that Deaf person whom I don't wish to associate with anymore, mentioned that she and her ex lover had to move out of the shitty apartment immediately because Indian owner(s) of that apartment tended to enter into her apartment without her consent or permission and demanded more money from her. Many people from some apartment units quietly moved out without mean Indian man's knowledge because he ripped off people on the apartment property, so they did not like it so much, so decided to vanished themselves without getting noticed.

Italian Mafia is different than Indian people on controlling businesses, etc. Some of them listened to some people's concerns, they can take care of the problems for the people for valid reasons. Yes, they do extortions, charging too much interests (vig), murdering, etc. In my opinion, they made businesses more smoothly than today's greedy people like Wynn (I am speaking of old times).

258, I don't mind going off the points. Sorry Cheri...

Keep in mind any greedy individual in any race. If that India landlord enters without knocking. I can easily contact police for the trespassing. I know he has the keys to his own property. However, he is wrong since I am paying the rent expense. No matter if the tenant misses the rent payment in length of period. The landlord has to file at the courthouse....

I will contact AllDeaf Mafia about you going off-topic... :lol:

:devil: I will contact Sicilian Mafia about you, too.. you'd better watch out. :deal:

:bowdown: at Italian mafia queen. :whistle:

I didn't realize that it was off subject, but I did not write down the detail about India people. It's too late now. Sorry, Cheri. I believe that Mexican people work harder than Indian people. Funny it happened three weeks ago, a local news reporter on TV announced that an Indian (India) owner did not pay tax which he owns 500,000 dollars property tax. Plus an Indian female owner owns about 200,000 dollars. They are both Indian, but different family. I find that interesting. For Mexicans, they are still poorer, and Indians are very wealthy. Our country have helped many people around the world. Indian and Mexican are not able to help other countries. I really understand that Mexicans are not their fault for being poor. Indians would have helped Mexican or any race, and then that would make a difference. Don't you agree with me? Now, back to issue about blocking them into our country, it is a long debate. The more important is that we must prevent terrorists entering our country.

Now, we could try not expect to believe what the reporters say about it. For example, a suddently popup on the news what has happened which is a true story. Then a few hours later, the news changed a little bit different story because at first it was the last minute and he/she does not have a chance to revise the news. Who controls the news? Of course, it is free of speech, but it is almost not quite true. Who is the president who owns the TV cable? The president? Does he have the right to revise it on the news before the announcement starts? I cannot give you the answers because I prefer you to think about it yourself.

Very interesting points you made here. I understand now why the a lot of illegal immigrants around in America. Who is the fault? Of course Government... I would like share your 3 points what I know the law in Germany with you all.

Dennis said:
The real problem here is threefold, and NOTHING will be fixed until all 3 points are addressed by the government:

1) Stop companies from hiring illegal immigrants and taking advantage of illegal immigrants on the workforce. Illegal immigrants are here because they can get jobs. Without jobs, they will either resort to crime, or leave to find another place that they can work and support themselves and their families. Of course, this has bigger issues because many companies are able to offer low prices because they hire illegal employees. Without those illegal employees, their prices will be much higher, and no one in America wants to pay the real price of goods to hire real American workers.

German law is very stricter about illegal immigrants. Every employers can´t accept every employees unless they prove their work permit to them. A lot of illegal immigrants work as prostuties to earn for their living. They found out where the illegal immigrants earn from... that´s time they were tax-free... From now they are obligate to pay tax which it´s easier for tax officer to find out who taxpayers are. The owner of prostuties and employers will get in trouble for hire illegal immigrants... They will lost their companies or pay very high fine penatlies. Polices are around to control every ID cards at each prostutuies houses. Illegal immigrants have to apply for extend their work permit to stay in Germany at City Hall. It´s City Hall´s decision to extend their pass or not. If they found out they became illegal then took them back where they come from.

2) Stop immigrants from being motivated to run into America and pop out children. Children born in America become citizens, and the government provides financial assistance to those families. Remove the motivation for those immigrants to have children here, and there'll be fewer border runs by pregnant women.

I´m afraid yes... It´s same with here in Germany, too... *sigh* The government can´t do anything to threw illegal immigrants out of Germany since their children were born here and became "German" ciitizen. The child are allow to own 2 passports until they are 18 years old.

3) Enforce the laws on those already in the country! INS and border control are weak organizations that aren't funded enough or empowered to keep out those illegals. On top of that, politicans want the "illegal" vote because it's an easy group to keep happy. Just promise to toss them a few hundred dollars and they'll keep you in office. No one really wants to be tough on illegals because then the other politicians will win their vote. Yes, illegals can vote, thanks to the previous politicians looking to win votes giving them reasons to vote.

Interesting, here in Germany - German citizens are able vote, not non-German citizens... I am not allow vote because I do not own German passport but British passport. To me, I´m disagree to this... Why? Because I live and work in Germany and pay German taxes to Government. I think it´s unfair because I´m legal iimmigrant who own unlimited German residence and work permit (because I married to a German and live in Germany for over 20 years) and pay legal taxes to Government. A lot of legal immigrants are compliants about this, too because they work and pay taxes in Germany... why not vote... because they don´t hold German passport... *sigh*

Interesting, here in Germany - German citizens are able vote, not non-German citizens... I am not allow vote because I do not own German passport but British passport. To me, I´m disagree to this... Why? Because I live and work in Germany and pay German taxes to Government. I think it´s unfair because I´m legal iimmigrant who own unlimited German residence and work permit (because I married to a German and live in Germany for over 20 years) and pay legal taxes to Government. A lot of legal immigrants are compliants about this, too because they work and pay taxes in Germany... why not vote... because they don´t hold German passport... *sigh*

Apply dual-citizenship application.

Since you reside for 20 years in Germany and never dare to go back to your native home of Great Britain. You can apply for a Germany citizenship. However, your Great Britain may be your great advantage if you take your family to England for safety in a case of war or natural disaster. I respectfully understand your wise decision.

Liebling:-))) said:
I understand now why the a lot of illegal immigrants around in America. Who is the fault? Of course Government....
Do you mean the Mexican government or the USA government?

... The owner of prostuties and employers will get in trouble for hire illegal immigrants....
If someone owns prostitutes, isn't that slavery?

Interesting, here in Germany - German citizens are able vote, not non-German citizens... I am not allow vote because I do not own German passport but British passport.
Same here. Non-citizens are not allowed to vote in the United States.

To me, I´m disagree to this... Why? Because I live and work in Germany and pay German taxes to Government. I think it´s unfair because I´m legal iimmigrant who own unlimited German residence and work permit (because I married to a German and live in Germany for over 20 years) and pay legal taxes to Government. A lot of legal immigrants are compliants about this, too because they work and pay taxes in Germany... why not vote... because they don´t hold German passport... *sigh*
Do you mean you applied for citizenship and the German government turned you down?

If found some interesting stats from Pew Hispanic Center.

There are 10.3 million illegal immigrants in the United States.

81% are from Latin America.

86% of illegal immigrants have arrived since 1990.

Our local newspaper interviewed an illegal Mexican immigrant. He lived seven years in California before moving to South Carolina (here). He said, "There are no jobs in California; there are too many Hispanics there now." :shock:

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2005/12/20/D8EK6GG09.html
"the Mexican government, angered by a U.S. proposal to extend a wall along the border to keep out migrants, has struck back with radio ads urging Mexican workers to denounce rights violations in the United States..."
Yup, every illegal should sue his employer. Please, PLEASE do this.
Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face.
Lol, if illegals begin suing, that eliminates the economic incentive for hiring illegals in the first place.
;)

Reynaldo Elias Rapalo, a Honduran citizen whose visa had expired, arrested September 19, 2003 in Miami, Florida on charges he raped at least seven women since September of 2003, ranging in ages from 11 to 79, including three young girls who were attacked in May and June of 2003. A DNA match tied him to the seven rapes, and fingerprints and an eyewitness to another.

update:

MIAMI -- A massive search is on for a suspected serial rapist who escaped from a Miami-Dade County jail Tuesday night.

Authorities said Reynaldo Rapalo and another inmate used bed sheets to climb down the roof of Turner Guilford Knight Correctional Center about 9:30 p.m.

One inmate fell and apparently broke his leg. He was apprehended and is in critical condition.

Rapalo, 34, got away.

He was scheduled to appear in court Jan. 5 for DNA evidence that allegedly ties him to seven rapes and four attempted assaults in Shenandoah in 2003.

I voted no. I mean yes, I understand the importance of American economic welfare, but if you really think about it, putting up a fence is going to cost some serious money. It'll help, no doubt, like when the French took up Maginot Line, but I'm thinking about all the labor and materials that will go into the project over such a huge geographical area. And for this, we're just assuming people cross the border by land only, which is not what happens.

Couple all that with the borrow-and-spend policies of certain old cranky men in suits in Washington DC, and you have more of a fiscal mess than you did before. The national deficit isn't funny, though the uneventful dating lives of these cranky men are.

Yes, there are other ways of addressing this issue and I'm certainly open to the idea, but I think a fence isn't the solution.

Can we build the Great Wall just like in China?
great-wall-34.4.jpg

GalaxyAngel said:
Your idea..

Why don't you care propsal to GOV'T about it.. Do they'll care ?

I don't think so..

We will see if U.S. govt may purchase The Great Wall from China...

Endymion said:
I voted no. I mean yes, I understand the importance of American economic welfare, but if you really think about it, putting up a fence is going to cost some serious money. It'll help, no doubt, like when the French took up Maginot Line, but I'm thinking about all the labor and materials that will go into the project over such a huge geographical area. And for this, we're just assuming people cross the border by land only, which is not what happens.

Couple all that with the borrow-and-spend policies of certain old cranky men in suits in Washington DC, and you have more of a fiscal mess than you did before. The national deficit isn't funny, though the uneventful dating lives of these cranky men are.

Yes, there are other ways of addressing this issue and I'm certainly open to the idea, but I think a fence isn't the solution.

Got a proposal? If you do, it might be worth seeing and discussing here.

Back